Saturday 20 August 2011

Slingshot-ed



My nerves screamed to be let loose. My muscles strained with the effort being made to stop them from moving in a certain direction. My head spun in circles while my eyes were whirring so fast that i had ghost eyes (read: plain white eyes). No no, i wasn't paralyzed. I was just fighting the overpowering urge to get back to this blog. The verdict, is for all to see. And endure.

To cut the drama and get to the board, much water has flowed under the bridge since i last scraped something here. My ground has disappeared from beneath my feet, my each breath has taken on a different meaning. I would like to believe that the scrapped knee and creased forehead will enable me to push my frontier. Life has been tasted like never before.

I'd like to break down this whirlwind period into the major chunks and then share it in detail. But for that, i need fresh space. And you, my dear torturee, some respite. Yet one bit that i would want to put forth right now, would be the unprecedented and revival-like effect that a movie had on me - Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. To quote from the movie itself, it gave me BPL (Bum Pe Laat) and sent me soaring. Znmd was the slingshot, while i was the happily hapless entity being flung forth with such zeal that i was surprised at myself. I would probably put up a whole entry on just that. So this will be it for tonight ( i can't be so hard on you on day 1, can i?). I'll wrap it up with two of the poems from the flick just mentioned. The second one is like my daily prayer now, because it reminds me what i'd like to be doing with my life. Tuck in tight and be thankful for all the goodness that surrounds you. :)

"Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya
Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
Duniya mein yunhi hota hai
Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai"




"Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyaan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Nazar mein khwaabon ki bijliyaan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Hawaa ke jhonkon ke jaise azad rehna seekho
Tum ek dariya ke jaise lehron mein behna seekho
Har ek lamhe se tum milo khole apni baahein
Har ek pal ik naya samaan dekhein yeh nigaahein
Jo apni aankhon mein hairaaniyaan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyaan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum..."

No comments:

Post a Comment